A man from the Royal Australian Air Force suffered life-threatening third-degree burns after a portaloo exploded Monday at an airport Down Under – an incident connected to an ongoing US-led military exercise in the area, The Courier-Mail reported.
Officials believe the man was using the portable toilet (also known as a port-a-potty) at Rockhampton Airport, in the state of Queensland, when he lit a cigarette.
“There was some sort of explosion,” a Department of Community Safety spokeswoman said. “He suffered burns to his head, face, arms, chest and airways.”
A spokeswoman from Talisman Sabre 2011 — a US-led exercise supported by Australian forces — confirmed the explosion was a military training incident but said no further information was available at this stage.
The spokeswoman added our guys take these training games very serious.
Tags: redneck games